“China Development Bank” Distinguished International Student Scholarship (referred to as “the scholarship” hereafter) is set up by China Development Bank (referred to as “CDB” hereafter) in order to encourage and fund more international students from Belt and Road countries to study in China and promote cultural exchanges and friendly communications.
1.Principle of Selection
The selection follows the principle of openness, fairness and justice with a process of “personal application, university recommendation and CSC selection”.
2. Quota of the Scholarship
The CDB scholarship is held once per year. No more than 10 students are recommended by each university every time. If you have already won other kind of scholarship, it is still allowed to apply CDB scholarship. Supposing you have been awarded CDB scholarship in the past, you cannot apply for it once again.
1) Applicants must have been formally registered to pursue a bachelor degree or master degree in SDU.
2) Applicants should come from Belt and Road countries (developing coutries from Asia, Africa and Latin America which are not along the Belt and Road are also included).
3) Applicants must have studied in China as an undergraduate for at least 3 years or as a postgraduate for at least 1 year.
4) Applicants’ majors should be related to economics, management,finance, law, international relation, international politics or engineering which is concerned with Belt and Road construction.
5) Applicants must have good performance on all aspects and rank top 20% in the major he/she is learning among international students. Priority will be given to those who have made innovative achievements in personal majors or who have contributed to cultural exchanges.
6) Applicants should study majors in Chinese. The number of applicants who study in English cannot exceed 2.
7) Applicants must pass HSK(old version) level 6 or score over 180 in HSK(new version) level 5, or have been recognized by the university as having required chinese proficiency.
8) Applicants must be friendly to China and have good performance. Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and no more than 35 years old.
Please submit following documents (fill in with both Chinese and English):
1) Application Form (the document could be downloaded from http://www.campuschina.org/ );
2) Personal statement;
3) Copies of transcript acknowledged by the university;
4) A recommendation letter from a lecturer of your school or college;
5) Proof of personal academic achievements and published thesis (including the cover and content of the journal on which thesis is published and the copies of thesis);
6) Related materials of personal practice on and off campus;
7) Copies of certificates.
8) Copies of passport.
5. Contact Us
Department of International Affairs
Address：Room C302, Mingde Building, Central Campus of Shandong University, No.27 Shanda South Road, Jinan, China