When you have chosen a scholarship you wish to apply for it is advisable to look on http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login for the specific requirements and documents. These requirements are very specific and need to be checked closely before applying. For all five scholarships the application procedure is the same, although the necessary documentation can vary per scholarship.
There are many eligibility criteria. Specifically, it is important to know that in order to be able to apply for these scholarships official HSK results must be transmitted as well as a recommendation letter of a certified Confucius institute or HSK test centre. A list of the certified organizations can be found on http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login.
1. Gather required documents (Please visit http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login for the required documents needed to apply for the scholarship of your choice).
2. Apply on http://cis.chinese.cn/account/login
3. Confucius Institute decides if the applicant is recommended. If so, they will send the documents to SDU
4. Documents are reviewed by SDU. Applicant is either accepted or rejected. If accepted SDU sends the documents to the Confucius’s Institute Headquarters (Hanban)
5. Hanban informs the applicant about the result through a message in the application system. You need to check it by logging on. SDU does not know the result until later.
6. If applicant is accepted, they need to apply on the SDU website at: http://www.apply.sdu.edu.cn/
7. SDU sends the formal admission letter and a JW201 or JW202 visa application form to the address the applicant supplied in the online application at step six.
8. Applicant takes the admission letter, passport, JW201 or JW202 form to the embassy, consulate or visa centre and applies for a student visa.
9. After the visa has been issued the applicant can book a plane ticket.
Make sure you regularly check your email and spam box in case you are required to submit further information / complementary documents and or corrections. If information is requested and it is not received, it could lead to rejection.
Publication of the result
You will be notified through the online application system with a message. You can only see this message if you login to your personal account. We do not know when the CIH will send the results as this changes year by year. All decisions are final and cannot be appealed.
In case you have any question about the above you can send us an email at email@example.com for people with a Gmail account please email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send emails to multiple email accounts without just cause. If you do so we will ignore your message. Please keep in mind that we are extremely busy during application time but if the answer is not stated here, we will naturally do our best to help you with any questions.